One of the most important parts of the car music system is the speaker which is linked to the system. Most of the car manufacturers overlook at this part and it can spoil the fun of even the most expensive media player. Car speakers are one of the most important interfaces for you and they define the complete experience of not just using the entertainment system but also the experience of driving the car. A lot of people are always in search of the ways to improve the audio quality so as to get most out of their car music system but we would like to tell you that the answer to the problem is very simple.
You can make this experience a lot better by just upgrading your speakers. It is has been observed that most of the people are not happy with the stock speakers in their car and hence they end up upgrading the car speakers. It is always better to get a speaker from a good brand which offers a reliable experience. There are many brands which are known for manufacturing high-quality car speakers. Some of these companies include JBL, Boss, Rockford and Pioneer. There are many such brands that you can choose from. But before you buy a car speaker, do you know what are the features that you need to look for in a car speaker? Do you know what are the factors to consider before you buy a car speaker? Well, do not worry because we have listed a buying guide for the car speakers in the section below.
Buying Guide for Car Speakers
Let us now look at the buying guide to ensure that you end up with nothing but the best car speakers. Here are more details about the same.
- Type of Speaker – Your choice beings with selecting the type of speaker that you are purchasing. You can opt for a component speaker or you can opt for a Full-Range speaker. Component speakers are individual components and you would need tweeters and woofers separately but they offer a very clear sound quality whereas Full-Range Speaker is a package which can produce any type of sound and hence it eliminates the need of woofer and tweeter.
- The sensitivity of Speaker – Go ahead and select the sensitivity of the car speakers as well. This is also dependent on the speaker’s power handling capacity. As a golden rule, select a speaker with high sensitivity if your car stereo system has a power handling capacity of less than 15 watts. On the contrary, go for low sensitivity if the capacity is over 15 watt.
- Frequency – You must also check for the sound quality and the frequency at which it generates the sound. You can go ahead and choose a speaker that has a top peak frequency of 20,000 Hertz and the lower peak frequency of 10 Hertz. This will offer you a clear sound. It is always better to go for a wide range.
- Power Handling Capacity – If you have an external amplifier in your car then you need to be careful here. You need to ensure that the speaker has the power handling which is close to the output of the amplifier. If this is not matches, then the car speakers can get damaged.
- 3 Way to 2 Way – You also need to choose between a 3 way speaker and a 2 way speaker. A three way speaker is more like a Full-Range speaker that has a woofer, Twitter and other components. All the 3 way speakers are known to have a high-frequency range. The 2 way speaker only has a twitter and a woofer in the assembly
- Size – You can also check out the size of the speaker. The size would not impact the performance as much as the other factors would. This is because of the fact that we have translated the size of the speaker in technical specifications like power handling and frequency.
- Build Quality – You must also check the build quality of the speaker. If you are upgrading your speaker and if you are choosing for something from a reliable brand then you will end up with a speaker with good quality. There is something that you can inspect. For example, the speaker must have rubber surrounds as they not only increase the life of the speaker but they also help you in providing a better experience. Foam and fabric should be avoided if the build quality is good. Similarly, you can check other details for build quality.
- Compatibility with Vehicle and System – Most of the e-commerce sites provides you with a feature to check the compatibility of the speaker with the vehicle. You just need to enter the model, make and the manufacturing year to get the answer to the question regarding the compatibility. Also, check that the speaker is compatible with the audio system in your car.
- Price – This should be the first point to consider because the speakers can be really expensive. We would recommend you to set a budget before you go ahead and purchase the speaker. This would help you in ensuring that you do not overspend.
- Brand & Reviews – Last advice from our side is that opt for good brands and check out the reviews of the product before you buy. It is better to visit Amazon to check the reviews because you will be able to find 1000s of reviews on such e-commerce sites. Now only this, the e-commerce sites can also help you in saving money as you can easily get a discount on the speaker if you order from these sites
These are the points that you need to consider before buying a speaker. You can choose to ignore some of these points depending on your preferences. Let us now look at some of the best car speakers available in the market.
To 10 Best Car Speakers in 2019
Below are the top 10 best car speakers in 2019.
If you are not sure about which speaker to buy even after referring to the buying guide then this could be your best choice. It is one of the best sellers on Amazon and it has been reviewed by over 3000 people. These are 2 way speakers which have very good build quality as well. The brand has a good reputation in the market as well.
In terms of technical specification, the frequency response of these speakers is between 110 Hz to 20 KHz. Also, the speaker has an impedance of 4 Ohm. Apart from this, the power handling capacity of this speaker is 90 W RMS with a peak output of 180 W. The sensitivity of these speakers is 88 dB. The brand also offers 1 year warranty on these speakers which basically guards you against the manufacturing defect.
So, if you are looking for a speaker that has a good build quality but is affordable at the same time then you can surely go ahead and purchase this Car Speaker from Pyle. There a huge variability available in terms of size, speaker system class and maximum output which you can choose while buying.
Next on our list is a speaker from Boss. This brand is probably one of the best you can get in the market. The price of these speakers is also quite affordable. Talking about the design, these are 3 way speakers but you also have an option to buy 2 way speaker. We would personally recommend you 3 way speakers here. The cone of the speaker is made from polyurethane which is a very high-quality material
Talking about other technical specifications, the speaker has a maximum output capacity of 3000 watts per pair which means that each speaker has a capacity of 150 watts. In terms of the type, these are full range speakers which basically saves you from investing more money in woofers and other such equipment. The frequency response of the speaker lies between 100 Hz and 18 KHz with a sensitivity of 90 dB. The best part about buying these speakers from Amazon is that you get a warranty of 3 years on the purchase directly from the online dealer which makes the exchange process easy if the speaker develops any issue over the period of time.
If you are a fan of Rockford then you can also check out these speakers from Rockford Fosgate. These are 3 way speakers which offer amazing sound quality. It is available in different sizes which range from 4 inches to 6.75 inches. Since these are the 3 way speakers, the tweeters are also integrated into the speaker itself. These are also among the top seller products in the USA and a lot of people prefer them because of the high specifications and low price.
Talking about the specifications of this speaker, the power handling capacity of the speaker is 45 watts RMS with a maximum capacity of 90 watts. The sensitivity as listed by manufacturer is 91 dB. The impedance of the speaker is 4 Ohm and the frequency response varies from 52 Hz to 20 KHz which is certainly a wide range. These speakers are easy to install and they also come with 1 year warranty which covers any manufacturing defect and other issues which are caused during the intended use of the speaker.
This is the second product from Boss in our list and it is also nothing but the best. These are 3 way speakers which can produce sounds in varying capacity. They virtually eliminate the need for woofer and the tweeters but if you have them pre-installed in the car then that is alright. You can also purchase 2 way, 4 way and 5 way speakers if you wish to. If you love the output of Boss then this could be a perfect choice for you.
The power handling capacity of each speaker is 200 watt and these speakers also have a frequency response of 500 Hz to 20 KHz. As per the information available, the sensitivity is 92 dB with an impedance of 4 Ohm. Just like the previous model, this speaker also comes with a warranty of 3 years if you are purchasing it online. This not only eliminates the risk for you but it also guarantees a good build quality.
Jumping on to the next product on our list, the speaker is from JBL and it is again another reliable brand available in the market. This speaker is also made of high-quality material and it produces a very impressive sound once it is plugged in with your car’s music system. The speakers have tweeters included in the assembly which manages to improve the experience as well.
The peak power handling capacity of these speakers from JBL is 2700 watt and it comes with an average handling capacity of 90 W RMS. In addition to this, the frequency response of these speakers is 53 Hz to 21 KHz. It is also known that the sensitivity of these speakers is 93 dB. Talking about the nominal impedance, the value if 3 ohms. As per the information available, the standard warranty on JBL GT0609C is 1 year which protects you from the manufacturing defects. The warranty may vary as per the law of states.
Another reliable brand in our list is Pioneer which is again known for a good quality sound system. If you wish to purchase only speakers from Pioneer then this could be the right choice for you. As mentioned above, these are 3 way speakers. If you are planning to upgrade our existing speakers then you can surely install these ones as they are very easy to install. From a price perspective, they are a little expensive when compared to the similar speakers but that is probably because of the quality and the brand.
The maximum power output of the speaker is 320 watts with a 70 watt nominal output. In addition to this, the speaker has a very wide frequency range which lies between 37 Hz to 24 KHz. The impedance of the speaker is known to be 4 Ohms. You also get a free alphasonik earbuds if you decide to purchase this speaker from Amazon. We are not sure if this deal is available anywhere offline. The warranty offered on this speaker set is 1 year.
This is the third product from Boss in our list and the credit goes to the amazing sound quality of the speakers from Boss. Talking about this product, it is a 4 way speaker and the sound quality is phenomenal. The tweeters which are a part of the assembly are also very good since these are the 4 way speakers. If you want the best model from Boss then do not go ahead in the list and simply purchase these speakers because you will not be able to find better speakers in this price range.
The maximum output of these speakers is 200 watt per speaker which means that the set will offer you an output of 400 watts. The frequency range for Boss Audio NX654 is 65 Hz to 20 KHz with a sensitivity of 90 dB. These speakers come with a warranty of 3 years in total and this is the standard warranty duration for Boss. The impedance for these speakers is 4 Ohms
This is the second product from Rockford Fosgate in the list and it is slightly better than the last one. These speakers are 3 way full range coaxial speakers and they are also available in a set of 2. There is a slight price difference between these speakers and the ones listed earlier. You can certainly opt for this model from Rockford Fosgate but do not forget to check the compatibility of the speakers.
The normal impedance of the speaker is 4 ohm and it comes with a frequency range of 47 Hz to 20 KHz. Apart from this, the maximum output of the single speaker is 65 RMS with a peak output of 130 watts. In terms of sensitivity, the speaker has a sensitivity of 93 dB. The standard warranty that comes with Rockford Fosgate speakers is 1 year which is also applicable on this set.
Next on our list is speakers from JVC which is available in a set of 2. These are the 2 way speakers which are available at a very affordable price. There is no compromise on the quality either. The build of the speaker incorporates a lot of rubber which increases the life of the speakers.
This speaker comes with a peak power handling capacity of 300 watts with an RMS of 30 watts. In addition to this. The peak power of the speakers is 600 watt per pair. In addition to this, the frequency range of the speaker is 35 Hz to 22 KHz which is a wide range in terms of output. The speaker has a standard impedance of 4 Ohm and the sensitivity is listed as 92 dB. The speaker is very easy to install and you can do it your garage if you are planning to just upgrade the speakers and replace it with existing ones. As per the information available, the company offers a 1 year standard warranty on the product.
On number 10, we have a speaker set from Infinity. These speakers are manufactured in the USA and that is one of the reasons why the company is able to maintain the quality of the product easily. In terms of price, we found them a little expensive when compared to other speakers but again, that is our opinion.
To begin with the specification part, these are 2 way speakers with an impedance of 4 Ohms. The peak power output of these speakers is 180 watts and they can easily handle 60 watts RMS. The speakers also have a wide frequency response which ranges from 54 Hz to 21 KHz. In terms of sensitivity, the speaker has a rating of 93 dB. It is known that the speaker comes with a warranty of 1 year from the manufacturer.
So, these are the best speakers for your car for 2019. Before you shortlist a particular model, ensure that you are checking the compatibility of the car speaker with the car. Both of them should be compatible because there are some speakers which are not compatible with the older models. Apart from this, you can also refer to the buying guide so that you old buy the best speaker for yourself.